- Japanese Zyl: slow-cured for strength and durability, Japanese zyl (cellulose acetate) is the world’s finest plastic.
- Custom Lamination: custom blended colors of Japanese zyl are laminated in as many as five layers for beautiful and exclusive color combinations.
- Block Production: innovative process developed by Sama Eyewear whereby low density lasers cut large, multi-colored blocks of Japanese zyl into perfect sheets. The resulting zyl sheets are then used to create luxurious frames with a multi-dimensional marbled effect that retain their shape far longer than frames created using more traditional methods.
- Wood Veneer: a revolutionary process developed by Sama Eyewear whereby wood veneer, in a variety of grains and colors, is laminated over a plastic core. The resulting frame has the look and feel of genuine wood with the adjustability and comfort of plastic temples or wire cores.
- Hand-Painting: a labor-intensive process whereby color is sprayed over successive stencils and then permanently sealed with a clear plastic layer.
- 3D Design/Manufacture: advanced CAD (Computer Aided Design) systems and state-of-the-art CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) cutting lasers create sophisticated, three dimensional frames in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Not all eyewear is created equal. At Sama Eyewear, “luxury” is more than just a word: it’s our raison d'être. Our passion for creating the world’s finest and most exclusive luxury fashion eyewear drives us to challenge convention and do what others say is “impossible.” Always on the cutting edge, we are proud of our many design and manufacturing firsts including the introduction of 100% pure titanium to the optical industry. We use only the finest materials (Japanese zyl acetate, titanium, precious metals, precious and semi-precious gems, Swarovski® crystals, and nickel-free plating) and lens technologies (optical glass, CR-39 plastic, solid color, gradient, multi-gradient, polarized, and gradient polarized), and manufacture, assemble and hand-finish all of our eyewear collections in Japan for a level of quality unachievable anywhere else on Earth.