- Thick Plating: 5 – 10 micron thick plating insures rich, lasting color and wearability, and far exceeds industry standard.
- Nickel-Free Plating: 100% nickel-free plating is hypo-allergenic to protect those with sensitive skin and allergies.
- Gradient Metal Plating: custom blended colors and the use of multiple processes, including hand sanding, result in smooth color transitions.
- Rice Paper Plating: innovative process developed by Sama Eyewear that utilizes extreme high pressure to crush a combination of platings to create the world’s first nickel-free finish of its kind.
- Rubber Coating: nickel-free rubber coating is applied to metal (including titanium) to create a soft, sporty look and feel.
Not all eyewear is created equal. At Sama Eyewear, “luxury” is more than just a word: it’s our raison d'être. Our passion for creating the world’s finest and most exclusive luxury fashion eyewear drives us to challenge convention and do what others say is “impossible.” Always on the cutting edge, we are proud of our many design and manufacturing firsts including the introduction of 100% pure titanium to the optical industry. We use only the finest materials (Japanese zyl acetate, titanium, precious metals, precious and semi-precious gems, Swarovski® crystals, and nickel-free plating) and lens technologies (optical glass, CR-39 plastic, solid color, gradient, multi-gradient, polarized, and gradient polarized), and manufacture, assemble and hand-finish all of our eyewear collections in Japan for a level of quality unachievable anywhere else on Earth.